Saturday 25 August 2012

PMC Sterling

After playing with this for the first time the other day, I have to say that I love it!

I fired my first samples and had a successful firing, first time, no problems! This is unlike the base metal clays which still keep me on my toes!

The pieces I made aren't exactly intricate or complicated but I really just wanted to get a feel for the product. The most surprising thing is how flexible the clay is when dry. I had a long strip which I managed to bend to about 90 degrees, maybe a bit more before it snapped.

The other really big plus is the strength when fired. The pair of earrings I made were rolled out at 0.5mm thick! That's half the thickness needed for fine silver clays.

I still have half a pack left so more playing to be done. I'll report back and get some photos taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment