Saturday 31 July 2010

Exciting New Products

So this week I have had to cope with the jealousy of seeing the metal clay part of my Facebook friends list reporting back from the PMC Conference in Purdue.

The first exciting peice of news was the launch of Bronzclay Fast Fire.  I can't wait to try this out.  I need to use quite a substantial amount of bronze for one of my Masters Registry Projects, but I had allowed for multiple firings as it would probably need cracks to be repaired.  Well, the Fast Fire forumla apparently addresses the issue of joints cracking, so that is a real bonus for me!  It's a lovely consistency to work with as well reportedly so I really am looking forward to having a play with it.

The next exciting piece of news is the launch of PMC Pro.  There isn't much information available on this at the moment, but it launches in October and is 90% silver.  The feedback has been that it is STRONG! I've heard a story of one tester hitting their finished pieces with a hammer and they haven't broken!  So this really is an exciting development.

The one concern I have at the moment is the hallmarking issue, but I'm sure there will be some ideas over the coming months about that.  Its just a shame we have to wait until October!!

So all in all, I am very jealous of the lovely time everyone seems to be having - and even more jealous when I think of all the shopping going on in the Vendors Hall!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment